Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Sweetest Choice

 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
The SWEETEST Choice
 
by MeMe
 
 
 
 
A long time ago I was little like you
 
I looked at everything from the middle
 
I was not tall
 
I was not old
 
I was not grown up
 
I was like you are now
 
Now, well, . . .  I am all grown up.
 
It is sad really and sort of predictable, which is something I did not predict. :)
 
I was in your room this morning waking you up for another day of school.
 
Last night was Halloween.
 
You dressed up like a ballerina.
 
I let you wear make up.
 
Your eyelashes are SO LONG!
 
 
 
I tickled your cheek with my fingers so the morning wouldn't hurt so much.
 
I could feel the warm of night still in your skin.
 
I breathed in with my heart and closed my eyes.
 
You are still little
 
I don't want you to wear make up.
 
I don't want you to grow up.
 
I don't want to have you ever look past
 
MIDDLE
 
I want to save you.
 
All for myself like a pillowcase of Halloween candy
 
hiding, hiding, hiding...you away from the world
 
and keeping you all to myself
 
Mother greed
 
An allowance divine
 
You are mine.
 
 
 
I chose you.
 
 
 
 
This week I had a choice to make
 
I want you to know
 
ALWAYS KNOW
 
I chose you.
 
I will ALWAYS choose you.
 
You are my favorite piece of sweetness
 
on this whole planet.
 
So
 
I
 
Picked
 
Y.O.U.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Such a great post! Thanks for sharing! So beautifully put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling this so profoundly. My baby just told me she will be getting married this year... 12.12.12.

    As a mother of an adult little girl - with tears in my eyes, I can tell you time slips away so very quickly.

    Tie that pillowcase tightly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan! Arm chill of truth. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete