Saturday, September 22, 2012

An Advertisement for FUN

 
AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR
 
FUN
 
You remember 'fun' don't you?
 
Think back,........you in a costume on Halloween, or on your bike after the street lights came on and you were suppose to go inside, .....
How about hiding behind the door and scaring someone? 
Playing hide and seek?
 
okayyouarewithmenow
 
F.U.N.
 
It is a great word. 
 
That as an old lady, I sometimes forget.
 
 
 
 
 
Now I feel like I have to schedule it.  That is just messed up.
 
Yesterday I remembered.
 
My L. is only going to be a single digit age one more year.  Then comes the double digit and a myriad of pre pubescent emotional nonsensical swings of temper.
 
So, before that all gets here.
 
I decided to LITERALLY
 
L.I.V.E. it up the very last day of Summer of her single digit year
 
We behaved totally irresponsibly and went to the FAIR
 
 
 
 
We cracked up a thousand times
 
I saw her face in exhilarated surprise whirling around and around
 
We ate very fair food made of rubbish
 
We walked holding hands and squealing
 
We screamed together when the rides swooshed our tummy air
 
We pet beautiful horses and looked at exotic birds
 
We drank sticky soda pop
 
We bought ridiculously overpriced junk
 
We played predictable games
 
We came home carrying a giant plastic dolphin on a stick
 
It was FANTASTIC
 
We had that word I often forget in my brain fog of business
F.U.N.
 
It was impractical, imprudent,
 
and
 
IMPORTANT
 
 
You never know what kind of can I'm going to open up each day.
 
At least I'm still opening
 
ALL
 
THE
 
SHELVES!

1 comment:

  1. Where do you find these pictures?!

    I'm glad you had such a fun time, I feel like I used to have so much more fun with my kids and then everything got busy, you're right, it's like you have to schedule it! But better that than nothing!

    ReplyDelete