Friday, February 3, 2012

Some lady 'BROKE MY SMOLDER' yesterday. :(

Still 'SMARTNG' from something that happened yesterday.
Feeling quite CRUSHED actually
I can't let this one go for some reason. Pity pot USA
I ran 6 miles yesterday.
During my run, I notice a car slowing down and a lady popping her head out the window.
She yelled, "GOOD FOR YOU!!"
I pulled out my ear buds and said, "Excuse Me?" "I couldn't hear you".
She said, "GOOD FOR YOU!"

I smiled and said, "Yeah, thanks!" and kept running.

But, what I felt was awash with shame and negativity.

My guess is that she doesn't pull over for the average runner and say, "GOOD FOR YOU!"

Just my particular SIZED runner gets her attention.

I mean, seriously? I'm sure she meant well, but what it sounded like was like someone talking to a child to try to convince them they are doing well while actually what they are thinking is, "Ooh, I hope you don't blow it."
I suppose I could have taken it that way.
Yet, I did not.

This happened in the Fall while I was riding my bike as well.

Some lady in a VW bug yelled out the same saccharin, "GOOD FOR YOU!"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


I'm going to make a shirt with my story screen printed on it and wear it when I go running.

This is what it would say:


I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY ILL FOR 5 YEARS

I AM ONLY ONE TEENY TINY STEP AHEAD OF A RAMPANT DISEASE

YET, I AM RUNNING ANYWAY

SO

SHUT UP

AND GET OUT OF YOUR CAR
AND

LETS RACE!

FIRST ONE TO THE FINISH LINE MAKES THE OTHER ONE
KISS THEIR "WELL WORN running shoes"

(I'll let you guess what I really want them to kiss )



People

Bug


7 comments:

  1. I hear ya, Debbie. And the sad thing is that this woman probably felt really good about reaching out to you, without realizing how she was coming across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um ... I really, really do know how to spell your name. I don't know what got into me just now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I get it. Her intent WAS good. My disection of her effort was prideful. Yet, like when a child says, "your breath stinks, it is just filled with honest observation, it still hurts to see yourself in someone's elses eyes as 'pityable'.

    Not fond of pity t'oll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are...

    Amazing
    Hard Working
    Dedicated
    Inspirational
    Whip Cracker
    Brassy Sassy
    Beautiful
    SEXY
    Kind
    Loving
    Fierce
    Fun
    Comical
    Creative
    Honest
    Faithful
    Clever
    And Physical Sun Shine in human form.

    Hope I put a little wind back into your sails ;)
    Nothin but love for ya!
    BTW you're so much more than all that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel... Did I EVER need the sails to be filled today. I love your sweet heart and am delighted to be considered your friend. RIGHT BACK ATCHA with all the above :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I know this is the wrong post: I thought of your post. I'm speaking on Sunday about teaching....Let me teach you something about TEACHING...

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://sacajaweasinging.blogspot.com/2012/01/im-going-to-teach-you-something-about.html

    ReplyDelete