Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Live your athletic dreams in the body you have now.

Last July I was struggling to walk around our neigborhood. I have a joint disease that was severe for years. I took steroids in large doses and tried a myriad of different immune system destroying drugs that made my life difficult to say the least. It is not gone, at all, but I found my fight again.

 
So...
 I kept walking.
I kept trying.
I would get sick and then I just picked up exactly where I left off.

AND I ,KEPT GOING

and

going

and going 

In March, in a 7 year re-run of a race I had done, I ran a 10 k.

Then I decided to train for a Ragnar Relay race.
(A 200 MILE 12 TEAM MEMBER RELAY RACE FROM TOP OF WASINGTON TO SEATTLE)

I hurt my knee.

I was delayed

I got it back.

I hurt it again

I got it back again

AND IN 7 DAYS I WILL BE TRAVELING TO THE TIP OF WASHINGTON

RUNNING

At least a half marathon





I'm scared to death.

It is fantastic.


PLEASE

Wish me luck and pray my knee holds strong for at least 2 days

Seriously

I would love to have the faith of my friends and family beind me.

Also:

I am dedicating miles to special people who I will remember while I run.

Mile

1. My Savior Jesus Christ
2. My uniquely, perfect for me, husband Marc
3. My first born son, Adam
4. My middle child, Carter
5. My daughter Lily
6. My mom and dad
7.My brother and sister
8. My Grandparents Parrish
9. My Grandparents Brown
10. My In Laws, Dave an Vickie Reeves
11. My Sisters and Brothers in Laws
12. My friends, EVERY SINGLE ONE, who supported me this year
13. Me, yep,

The last one and 'some change'

:) just for :)

 ME

8 comments:

  1. So proud of you! You're such an inspiration! Sending prayers and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angela! You are definately at number 12 girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love it and we will pray our guts out that your knee holds out Be gentle with it! How fun to share this with Marc! It will be one of your favorite memories. I am so proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to share this fun experience with you! I'll be praying for the whole team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you're running it, I hope you are injury-free and have a fantastic time!! I admit that now I'm a little bit sad I'm not running it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of all you have accomplished
    Love you

    ReplyDelete