Monday, March 12, 2012

Foot Wear Affair

Confession

I just had a raucous affair.

What?  I did!  Don't judge me man...

It is just with a pair of

SHOES

:D



I'm a sentimental.  A horrible ~ terrible ~ useless SENTIMENTAL

emphasis on the

MENTAL

I've L.o.v.e.d. every stinkin' minute in these shoes. 

EVERY one

The minute I ran longer than I thought I could, so I ran some more
The minute I thought I would die, but just kept going.
The minute my legs felt like anvils and I just kept dragging them.
The horrid freezing cold mornings I ran anyway.
The minute I would have twisted an ankle and didn't.
The minute in the morning I decided to start my day wearing these.
The minutes I was alone on a trail blissed out from the rush from running long.
The minute I decided to re-run the Champoeg 10k.
and
The minute I finished it.

EVERY one

I've actually kissed my running shoes right on the mouth!

So....

How could I just leave them here this morning and bounce down 'our' trail in

THESE 'Shiney' new shoes?????

I'm a cheater.  I should be on that show, "Cheaters".

They do a close up of my old shoe sobbing at the sight of me and my new black laced shoes coming up the sidewalk on the way home ~ both of us ~ GRINNING our laces off...

Busted!


It was beautiful while it lasted. you sweet, pretty, little, blue and silver shoes..... I will love you forever for what you gave me back..... I promise to take you out to play tennis sometime when I don't need quite so much from you and we can just look cool like we used to....

SO LONG...... old friend.....

HELLO! Flashy lady numero dos!

Lets go!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time throwing the old ones away -- at least you can use them on days like this when you don't want to go tromping through a foot of slush in your new flashy dashy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean to say that after running in Asics Gels you're switching brands? Once I ran in those I never went back :) JK I know, different shoes for different runners. Congrats on your race, seriously, amazing. I keep a pair of my old running shoes in the back of my car in case I ever get stranded in flip flops or heels, and another for gardening. It's so hard to throw them away!

    ReplyDelete