Monday, September 9, 2013

Mayfull Balley

This is a letter to my Maple Valley
My friends
My flowers
My cold rushing waters
My bright red fall leaves
My carpets of pink petals
 
 
Oh, how I wish I could untwist my chest and dry up
Fact is, I'm so blessed to have lived here and to have been loved here
Even the 8 years are a gift, few have been given.
 
I've never ever felt quite this much true pain about leaving a place. You see, I have moved 36 times in 42 years. Yep. Its true. I went to 4 elementary schools, and 3 high schools.
 
I'm great at moving and closing up those painful parts F.A.S.T. before they overwhelm me
 
In fact, I've mastered it.
 
Until now....
 
Because of every single thing that made up my life with my family has flourished here. Bloomed and been nurtured into maturity.  All of it.
 
Band concerts
Halloween Costumes
Thanksgiving Dinners
Family Nights
Late Overs
Walks
Snow sledding
Making apple pies
Cleaning the garage
Running
Playing games
Laughing with friends
Crying with friends
Making flowers grow
Midnight bookworm hours
Flus and Fevers and Bandaids
Popsicle sticks in the grass
Painting bold colors
Baby Bunnies
Jokes
Writing
Wellness
Canning Fruit
Hugs and Kisses
Teaching
Scrambled Eggs
Sam the Dog
Piano practice
Basketball
Drums
Dolls
Sewing
Baking Bread
 
 
My life is made of a million of these 'things' here in Maple Valley
 
The problem is I can only take 6 with me physically.
 
The memories I will take as I race away in a painful few days of hectic 'checking' and fixing and survival mode, and intense adulthood. All those will be with us forever.
 
Its sounds so prosaic, but its true.
 
Forever is real.
 
I never thought I'd leave.
 
Fact is, in my heart and soul I never will.

(Mayful Balley is what Lily called this town when we first moved here)

Mayful Balley

We love you all

and

Take you with us

Forever 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment