Saturday, July 2, 2011

MVBL Week 4 "An Argument With Brownies"




AN ARGUMENT WITH BROWNIES

I saw you last night
Sitting there with your carmel centers snickering at me

Made with Canadian chocolate
The 'good' kind, saved for special occasions

All of you were yelling at me all at once
Saying, "Come on lady! Bite me!"

I looked right into your deep brown chewy eyeballs
I was almost convinced, for a mili second

But

(no I mean)

BUTT

I ignored you. I did.
You tried. But, I won.

Plan on me winning again, you dang little brownies..

I will never get enough of the likes of you, and that hurts,
So I might as well, hurt now and not suffer your effects later

Don't mess with me brownies...
I'm meaner than you will ever be.

I have a dark side too.

Sure, underneath I'm gooey just like you
However, I'm much tougher than you will ever be

You "look" sweet but we both know your true identity
Your dark inviting 'life trapping' side

Try not to take this personally, but the watermelon...

Well....it


WAS


DELICIOUS!!!!

5 comments:

  1. LOLOL! Debi you have such a way with words! I'm so glad you're a writer and share your hilarious view on things w/ us! Was LMBO at this one! Good job, good win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That belongs in my poetry anthology. You are so stinkin' funny! Love you, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! THAT is true triumph! I wish I could say I was so strong. Those brownies had me hook line and sinker. My excuse was, it was Canada Day, I am Canadian and they were made with Canadian chocolate, it would have been disrespectful had I not ;) Okay, no excuses, I crumbled. You are nailing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. daina, if i looked like you i would have eaten the whole pan and just ran around screaming, "i can do whatever i want because i'm a hottie"

    true

    ReplyDelete