Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In the quiet sifting of daylight and time...


In the quiet sifting of daylight and time
Young mothers often ponder and pine
 
Awaiting a day when the pushing load eases
Looking forward to adult moments and soft sunset breezes
 
Can't they just fast forward to the next chapter already
When the doldrums of life are not so constant and steady
 
Looking to scrap together the pieces of quiet
Drudgery itself poses the challenge as a riot
 
Oh, how I do know how those heavy days feel
I remember the pressure enough to squeal
 
 
a.n.d.n.o.w.
 
 
How I miss the tiny elbows and knees wrapped around my torso
Each wet little kiss and silky cheek I love ever more so
 
The older I get and the sweet fragrances go away
Their heaven sent bodies grow larger every day
 
It is hard to remember that they ever came out of my skin
Years not so far back, we were entirely one completely akin
 
 
a.n.d.n.o.w.
 
 
I lap up every moment I can
Holding dearly to those growing and changing hands
 
I snip and tug and will eventually set free
These love bearing children so attached to me
 
For the earth needs their spirit the world needs their grace
But, their little soul's courage is claimed by our space
 
 
a.n.d.n.o.w.
 
I write words that will help me remember, help me let go
Time for more presence and witness them grow
 
Oh, how I miss it. I mistakenly thought...
Lets hurry this up a bit, I felt so distraught
 
My life is appearing as they disappear
But, I hold forever these moments so dear
 


3 comments: