Friday, September 2, 2011

girl CRAZY



Tis sad. My boys are growing up.

AND, although they used to only have 'hearts in their eyes' for mom.

I feel a shift.

Apparently, their hearts will not be mine forever.

Well, not ALL mine, anyway.

I'm not sure I will ever be willing to share, but just in case... I thought I'd write down some 'sage' or in my case, 'lavender' advice for the future.




The girls you date are the girls you marry. Do not date girls you would not marry.

Making sure you are married in the temple is the single most important goal you should have in your life at this point.

If you EVER trust me on anything I say, trust me on this one thing.



Watch what she does and not what she says. THAT is what is real.



Don't pick a girl who can't get her hair wet, or will not roll down the windows in case it messes up her hair. Take a pass on this 'set' of chicks. High maintenance = drama.

Make sure she can think for herself. Hear an alarm if she ALWAYS agrees with you.



It seems so 'old school' I know, but if she doesn't know how to at least bake a cake by college, you can plan on a lot of take out and a crappy physical in your 40's.

Any woman worth her salt should be able to make 1 killer 'show off' dinner .



Don't choose a girl who is so close to her parents she can't be close to you. If she goes to her parents about your arguments while dating, be careful. Women work things out with their men, girls go to daddy.

Find a girl who accepts, loves and unconditionally owns her own identity. If she is whole and you are whole, its magic. If she is broken and you are whole, it is management.



Notice if she 'nurtures'. Does she like to watch things grow? Does she care if a dog drools on her? If so, steer clear. Life is messy and I don't care how 'modern' and forward women's roles get. Most women mother, eventually. Choose a nurturer.

Look for passion. Girls that hummmmmmm while eating dessert make for delicious companions.

Watch how she treats other people. Volumes of truth about who she is in that.



Make sure she loves the Lord.

Make sure she loves YOU.

but......

NOT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....don't go CRAZY just yet.......

You are still mine for now :)








4 comments:

  1. So what's your killer dinner?

    And WHAT is that hair picture 3rd down on your sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. I can't imagine my boys belonging to other women someday! But I vow to be the best mother-in-law in the world so instead of losing sons I'll gain three daughters. Steffani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy Risa

    From SCRATCH and with FRESH ingredients.

    Anything that fits that criteria and tastes good counts. :)

    ReplyDelete