Monday, July 11, 2011

Is it 'WRONG' to ROCK!!!


Wading through my I pod this morning, I wondered something. Is it "Wrong to ROCK!" I mean, "ROCK OUT!" In caps and seriously loud... Is is bad? I don't know and want to know what you think. Unless you tell me "The Carpenters" is what your running music is, then I can't talk to you at all. Different planets...

I am a fierce filterererer in my household. Lets face it, you cannot watch 10 seconds of most channels on the tv or listen to 10 seconds of anything on the radio anymore and not go, "Say What! Is she talking about S & M? Woah..." "Hold on now..", or, "Did they just advertise a show that starts at 11 pm to my kids watching 7 o'clock America's Funniest Home videos.????? Say who! What is wrong with programmers are they all dense as rocks! Yep. Rocks and Rolls.

And..., back to my questions about "Rocks". I love to listen to loud rock and roll. Sue me, I do. I am all Mormoney USA, but baby Sacajawea loves her some R & R to excercise to especially. I CAN'T run to conference talks! I just CAN'T!

I look at kids like "Marshal Mathers" (if you know who this is, then we are talkin') if not, well, skip to another blog. Okay, Marshal is full of hate and venim. enimenimenim, hmmmmmm interesting parralel found here. I don't want to 'hate' exactly. No venom. Just a great rock and roll song to get my bootie up the long and steep hills on beat. Is that too much to ask of a LDS sister? Maybe?

I'll admit when my day continues past my excercise sometimes the lyrics are stuck in my head and they are not pristine. Not good. Not good. But sometimes they just give me a boost. Like the song, "Chunky" by Will.i.am.

I think you have to click here:

www.sacajaweasinging.blogspot.com

to see the top of the page and listen. Go ahead. Its worth it.


Truth be told these guys are 'rockstars'. In my world they are brave and true and could wipe the floor with any of the degenerate types above. Spiritual Rockstars. (imagine air guitar with a Book of Mormon in one hand and a baptism in the other)

Can you jog to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? If so, WOW. I can't. What do you think? I suppose I could hit it somewhere in the middle, little Cold Play mixed with a smidge of what???? Michael Ballam, IDK. Don't get me wrong there is no harsh language or lyrics or suggestive sturf. Just a funky beat mostly. Come on, tell me you are not singing the 'hippo song "Chunky" above right now a little bit. You are! I knew it!


Seems improbable that the 'sterling set' above would ever "Rock Out!". So? Does that mean I should keep my rockin' and rollin' to a hymny hummmmmmmmm?

Is is 'WRONG' to ROCK? Seriously, I want to know what you all think. Tell meh. I might even listen. For a while, even, unless a really good song comes on. :)


6 comments:

  1. some of you weighed in on fb---- but there are alot of readers who are taking a pass on commenting on this one... WHY?

    My guesses

    1. You are a Ozzy Ozbourne fan and afraid to admit it

    2. You think I am "bad", but dont want to tell me I should listen to Mo Tab and jog

    What? Which one are you? Dish it sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rock when I run too - only stuff with clean lyrics of course. But I couldn't run to MoTab either. I hope it's not "wrong" because sometimes it's the only thing keeping me going. As a side note though, I have been thinking about limiting my rocking to just exercise time...maybe a little MoTab in the car would be better for both mine and my kids' spirits. But Rock on Debi :)--Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought, what is the dilemma? Rock out ALL THE WAY! Then I read your argument. Made me think, but I have to admit I am not changing my tunage on my ipod BUT I am definitely not letting my kids listen to it either! Hypocrite, I know! But I like a heavy beat and sometimes a little "dirt" for me to kick it in high gear. Again, I hear the hypocrisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I just read your post again and I now see the line where you said none of your music has bad language, suggestive stuff etc. If that is the case ROCK ON SISTER! I can't say the same for all of my music. Sherm and I have our Rockin' music that we blare through the house to get us and the kids pumped for cleaning (that play list is true rock but minus the language etc.) If there is clean language and subject but a loud heavy beat, I really can't see why anyone would appose! LIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daina! I just love you! I want to borrow YOUR playlist woman :) Seriously, I'm coming over right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to rock but a little more country than rock n roll:) My husband and son try to keep me up on the lates rock but alas, I fall short. Going back to Country, it has the same issues, not usually bad language but bad content. When Justin was in nursery, the teacher ( who is now my sister-in-law, thank goodness we knew her then) asked what they wanted to sing and he said, "Long Neck Bottle" (by Garth Brooks) Oh well, what can I say, I'm a country girl! Rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete